Open Cirrus is an open cloud-computing research testbed designed to support research into the design, provisioning, and management of services at a global, multi-datacenter scale.
The open nature of the testbed is designed to encourage research into all aspects of service and datacenter management. In addition, we hope to foster a collaborative community that aims to share tools, lessons, and best practices, and ways to benchmark and compare alternative approaches to service management at datacenter scale.
Organizers are pleased to announce the 6th Open Cirrus Summit, October 12-13 2011, in Atlanta, Georgia. Current and prospective members of the Open Cirrus community are invited to participate in this important event, designed to build a sense of community among members and foster discussion and dialogue about relevant research topics.
Previous Open Cirrus Summits were held in Palo Alto (USA, June 2009, Hosted by HP), Sunnyvale (USA, January 2010, Hosted by Yahoo!), Seoul (Korea, June 2010, Hosted by ETRI), Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University (USA, September 2010, Hosted by Intel), Moscow (Russia, May 2011, Hosted by RAS).
- 1st Open Cirrus Summit, HP Labs, Palo Alto, CA, June 08-09, 2009
- 2nd Open Cirrus Summit, Yahoo! Inc. Sunnyvale, CA, January 28-29, 2010
- 3rd Open Cirrus Summit, ETRI, Seoul, Korea, June 08-09, 2010
- 4th Open Cirrus Summit, CMU/Intel, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, September 28-29, 2010
- 5th Open Cirrus Summit, RAS, Moscow, Russia, June 01-03, 2011
- NEW: 6th Open Cirrus Summit, CERCS, Atlanta, Georgia, October 12-13, 2011
- Full paper submission due: (extended) August 18, 2011 (23:59 EST)
- Author notification: August 31, 2011
- Camera-ready version due: September 15, 2011